Besides I'm really concerning about the importance of proper food intake and applied sports nutrition knowledge into my daily life, the next factor that can keep a high performance athlete fresh everyday is the application of sports massage.
Sports massage has become an integral part of the new athletic regimen from sports medicine clinics, to college training rooms, to professional locker rooms to Olympic training. Growing number of trainers believe that massage can provide an extra edge to the athletes who participate in high performance sports.
Sports massage has become a necessary ingredient for a complete workout. More and more people are realizing that a complete workout routine includes not only the exercise itself, but also caring for the wear-and-tear and minor injuries that naturally occur with strenuous movement.
Sports Massage is a special form of massage and is typically used before, during, and after athletic events. The purpose of the massage is to prepare the athlete for peak performance, to drain away fatigue, to relieve swelling, to reduce muscle tension, to promote flexibility and to prevent injuries. The physiological and psychological benefits of massage make it an ideal complement to a total conditioning program.
Here are the clear benefits of sports massage:
- reduce the chance of injury, through proper stretching and event preparation, and through deep tissue massage
- improve range of motion and muscle flexibility, resulting in improved power and performance
- shorten recovery time between workouts
- maximize the supply of nutrients and oxygen through increased blood flow
- enhance elimination of metabolic by-products of exercise
As a bottom line, my spirit to race in Powerman Malaysia 2010 already getting warmer as my muscles always at warm condition due to sports massage implementation in my weekly schedule.