Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Jom Kayuh 2009, JB-Malacca




Last 9-10 May 2009, I and my gf plus two of Kakithoners Lim and Ong has joined Program Jom Kayuh 2009, cycled from JB to Malacca. BUT for me I am not riding my bicycle but my motorcycle. I needed by Mahkota Bikers to be Road Marshall along that days. Nearly 2 months I was a part of organizing team did our task to make sure this program happened successfully. Plus my role during that day was big. Because I was the leader of the route: from JB to Malacca. No room for the error!

Program launched by DYAM Tunku Ismail Ibrahim Ibni Ibrahim Ismail, Raja Muda Johor, at Festive Street Mall, Danga Bay at 8:00 am on 9th May. Then the convoi pass the main check points in Rumah Alumni, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Skudai; Pusat Rekreasi Sg. Rambah, Kukup, Pontian; Hentian Mahkota, Parit Simen, Batu Pahat; Pusat Rekreasi Air Panas, Gerisek, Muar; Taman Rekreasi Sg Kesang, Muar; finally finished at Malacca Go-Cart Circuit in Ayer Keroh.

It was not easy to be Route Leader (navigator), I worked closely with PDRM Traffic Pilots to make sure the route was clear from outsiders traffic users. Plus I also need to brief the Pilots particularly about the route and maps. It was my first time to give an order to police officers. That was heavy task for any person, but I manage to handle it without any complaint.

So, last weekend was good for Kakithoners to have an extra mileage for their ride and some exposure among Johor cycling community. Furthermore there were a lot of knowledge and experiences can gain during that program especially riding skill in a large peloton.

Finally I was feel pleased and valuable because I can did my task very well, the task that not everybody can handle it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment